Friday, August 24, 2007

Short notes

Old St. Patrick's Cathedral, the first Catholic cathedral built in New York, is right across and down the street from our apartment. I was on my way to work this morning and I saw a man in a black hat walking into the cathedral, looking a tad tired and downtrodden for 9:00 AM. He was wearing a black sweater with "Larry Flynt's Hustler Club" on the back. I wanted to ask him many, many questions, but that would have been rude. I left him alone.
---
Tonight, I made dinner for my brother-in-law, Aaron, and a family friend, Al. I couldn't decide what to make, but Sarah suggested I make fish, so I looked online and came upon this stellar recipe for grilled tuna steaks. If you decide to make it, I highly recommend making a cold cucumber and carrot salad to go with it (just julienne some fresh cucumber and carrots into very, very fine strips and place in a pile on top of the fish after grilling).
---
I'm going to see Battles, a math-rock band, at the Seaport Music Festival next week. I'll blog about the experience and perhaps take some pictures.

No comments: