Thursday, August 9, 2007

Kitten caboodle

For some reason, every time I tell people we have a cat, they are shocked. I guess we don't seem like cat people. What's worse is that none of our friends have ever really seen our cat, Meg. This has more to do with our apartment being much too small to host visitors comfortably than Meg's skittish personality. But here, I present proof of her existence, and her fondness for ice cubes:Keeping a cat in our tiny one-bedroom apartment is difficult enough. I don't know how dog-owners do it. One of our former neighbors was a single woman who shared her apartment with two ginormous dogs. Imagine a wolf weaned on whale milk and growing up on a steady diet of elephants and bears. Now imagine two of them in a 300-square-foot apartment. I don't know how she kept them quiet, but I never heard them bark.

No comments: