Monday, August 6, 2007

Coming to a theater near you

The first and only movie premiere we've attended was the New York City premiere of Spike Lee's She Hate Me. What, you've never seen or even heard of the film? It's probably because She Hate Me had most critics saying, "We hate this." I myself was appalled by much of the film, but I applauded its technical merit and thought-provoking content. It inspired this film review I wrote for Pixelsurgeon, a review I convinced Roger Ebert to read (but that's a subject for another post). The bottom line was I enjoyed seeing the film before anyone else in the world had seen it, and seeing it in a theater with Spike and many of the other cast members.

Tonight, Sarah and I will be attending our second NYC premiere, but it's for a movie that we've already seen: Rocket Science. We saw this at the 2007 Sundance Film Festival in Park City, UT, earlier this year and thought it was fantastic, especially since my brother-in-law is one of the leads.

I'll blog about our experience at the event. In the meantime, watch the trailer here.

No comments: