Thursday, August 16, 2007

Short notes

Alicia Keys was in the office today, though I'm not sure exactly why. She was in a meeting in the conference room the entire time, probably discussing some kind of endorsement for one of our clients. As I left for lunch, I saw her drinking Dasani right out of the bottle. This made me extraordinarily happy.
---
I didn't leave work until 9:00 PM tonight, which is the latest I've stayed at work for the last two weeks. The latest I ever stayed at work was until 8:00 AM the following morning, and that wasn't the only time I've seen the sun creep into the east windows of the office this year.
---
"It turns out the conventional wisdom is wrong: The city, it seems, won’t kill you. Quite the opposite. Not only are we the safest big city in America, but we are, by this measure at least, the healthiest." According to New York Magazine, the life expectancy of New York residents is increasing at a faster rate than that of most Americans. Read this and other surprising -- and encouraging -- facts here (and make sure you have some time, because it's a long and interesting read).

No comments: