Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Too fast, too furious

Since I last wrote, much has happened in my sphere of interest, and I haven't processed everything. Fred Thompson dropped out of the presidential race, Bobby Flay's restaurant Mesa Grill was downgraded by the New York Times to one star, tuna sushi in the City was discovered to contain dangerous amounts of mercury, Heath Ledger died in an apartment a few blocks away from mine, and I couldn't follow any of these news stories properly because of one exhausting sixteen-hour workday.

So please forgive me if I leave it at that. I have a date with my pillow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I've heard rumors that Heath was paying about $23,000 a month for rent, so if he's stayed close to where you are, I hope you didn't pay anywhere close to the amount he did.

Darren Philip said...

Yes, I heard that as well, Josh. What I can't understand is why someone would pay that much each month and not buy an apartment outright.

SoHo is one of those interesting places where a multi-million dollar apartment building can be situated right next to a building like mine, for which I pay but a small percentage of $23,000 for the benefit of residence.