Thursday, January 3, 2008

Breaking resolutions

Have you seen Super Size Me? Did it make you hungry for McDonald's? I've met several people who found themselves craving a cheeseburger and fries even after watching filmmaker Morgan Spurlock throw up his double-quarter-pounder. Not me; I stayed away from the golden arches for an entire year after watching only the trailer for the film.

I did get around to watching the whole documentary a couple of years ago, and since then, I've had McDonald's about six or seven times. That's about one Big Mac meal every four months. Long gone are the days when I'd eat two Burger King Whoppers a day, twice a week (also known as "the foolhardy college years").

New York has made me pretty conscious about what I consume, which is why I sympathize well with Gothamist's Food Resolutions for the new year. Except for one: "Eat less cheese." I may as well "breathe less air" or "be less devastatingly handsome" or "reduce sarcasm." Impossible! So to kick off 2008, I now reveal my very favorite cheese in the entire world: roomano. And I resolve to eat it much more frequently than every four months.

No comments: