Sunday, January 13, 2008

Giant step

The NY Giants beat the Dallas Cowboys tonight to make it to the NFC Championship game. 2007 may have been a bad year for New York sports fans, but so far, the new year has proven victorious for NYC's favorite football team. They play the Green Bay Packers next weekend. If they win, it's off to the SuperBowl.

A point of clarification for regular readers of this blog: I am not really a Giants fan, sorry to say. Football is a new and still relatively unfamiliar sport to me, so I haven't really decided who "my team" is. You might say I'm still at the fair weather stage of football fan-hood, although I will profess longstanding admiration for Brett Favre (who, along with Marshall Faulk, was one of the few NFL players I knew by name while I was a fresh-off-the-boat, wet-behind-the-ears foreign student in Indiana).

No comments: