Thursday, January 17, 2008

I've got mail

Every now and then, I get a Valpak in the mail -- you know, one of those envelopes stuffed with coupons and ads for services that I will never need or want. I got one today. On the front, there's an ad for CSI:NY, featuring Gary Sinise's smirking mug, and a sweepstakes promotion: "You could win a trip to New York City." I'm not even going to try entering. No one ever wins these things anyway.

Some examples of what's in the envelope: Introducing Dial-4-Limo. American Laser Centers: Hair Removal and Skin Rejuvenation. Enjoy Great Pizza at a Great Price. Free Groceries! Save Up To 20% Off Our Computer & Manual Business Checks! Why Settle for Cable?

And then, a true gem among the recycling fodder: Free Dinner Entrée - Buy one dinner entrée, get 2nd one free. It's a coupon for one of our favorite restaurants, Mottsu, the Japanese place across the street. The only thing I don't understand is why they'd bother putting the acute accent over the letter "e" in the word "entrée" and not write a grammatically correct promotional line.

No comments: