Thursday, September 6, 2007

iWant

This week saw the release of updated versions of Apple's iPod, and I want at least one of them. Yes, yes, I know I'm just positioning myself as a cog in the whole consumerism machine, and technically I don't need a new iPod, since I own four of them already. You see, I bought a second-generation iPod Mini for Sarah some time ago, and later, I received a first-gen iPod Shuffle as a free gift. When the Mini decided to stop working, I bought Sarah a new Nano, which also gave out after several months. So I bought her a second-gen Nano. It was such a futuristic and unfamiliar-looking thing that when she accidentally left it at church office one Sunday, one of the toddlers coming out of childcare found it and promptly put it in the fridge for safe keeping.

Meanwhile, I was able to revive the old Mini, and now use it. Still, it would be nice to graduate beyond a monochromatic screen.

I've played with the iPhone, a near-magical device so well designed that it may as well have time-traveled from the future. I don't particularly need a new cellphone, and especially not one with a built-in camera that merely captures 2-megapixel images. But an iPhone without the phone and camera is something I'd be in the market for, and that's exactly what the iPod Touch is. So should I get one?

I'll think about it. But quickly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

iFanboy!

:)