Friday, May 23, 2008

I'm going to need a bigger pan

I was at Whole Foods today when I came across some ostrich eggs for sale, nestled in a straw-lined wooden crate. Holy smokes, they were huge. I picked up the biggest one and cradled it in my hands -- it was like holding something primeval. They were going for $29.99 each, which is astronomical in my opinion, especially since one 3-pound egg is the equivalent of 18-24 chicken eggs, which go for $3.79 a dozen. I didn't buy any, but I haven't stopped thinking about them all day. I'll try and take pictures next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very funny darren... your wife is going to freak out when she learns that she'll be having ostrich eggs everyday for a month... she'll be using the pan to knock some sense into you... ^_^ ...let it go man...