Thursday, October 18, 2007

Power Hauer

Tonight, I saw one of the best movies I've ever seen in a theater. And it's a 25-year-old film. Sure, the film's artistic merits (great direction, bristling performances by stars Harrison Ford and Rutger Hauer, a genre-bending screenplay) had much to do with how joyful the experience of watching Blade Runner: The Final Cut was for me. But that sparkling new print! That remastered soundtrack! Those new shots and effects! It also helped that the film was shown at the Ziegfeld, a gracefully aging movie palace in midtown Manhattan with a fantastic digital projector.

This was also the first time in years I've seen a movie in a theater all by my lonesome. Perhaps this was for the best -- more time to myself, to savor every stunning frame, and to realize that Rutger Hauer's Roy Batty is one of the great screen villains of all time. I've seen multiple versions of the film, on both VHS and DVD, and only ever on a TV screen, but this was like watching it for the first time.

2 comments:

hcduvall said...

I glad you got to see it, it's a great movie made even better. I'm always apprehensive when I hear about tinkering, but it really comes together now all the kinks gone. The lengths they went for some of them, like Harrison Ford's son's chin superimposed in when Deckard talks to the snake dealer to synch dialogue, that's above and beyond. And the Ziegfeld always makes movies more fun, the crowd is always extra into the theater going experience.

I also heartily suggest, as my friends and I did when we caught it, getting a burger at the Burger Joint, hidden away in the lobby of the Park Meridian hotel. It may be a faux dive place, but the burgers are the best I've had in NY.

By the by, looks like your post slipped past midnight.

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your oneyearinnewyorkcity.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com